Allen County’s Republican Party chairman is offering suggestions for how the Fort Wayne City Council can take some of the sting out of its recent decision to end collective bargaining rights for 500 municipal workers.
Today - Local politics
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip – A Gaza park was attacked Monday, killing at least 10 Palestinians, including children, a Palestinian health official said. Israelis and the Palestinians traded blame for the strike.
Today 1:59 pm - World
Dollar Tree is buying rival discount store Family Dollar in a cash-and-stock deal valued at about $8.5 billion.
Today 10:10 am - Business
- Butler Street section to close for brick, concrete work
Butler Street will be closed between Harrison and Webster streets for two to three weeks, beginning Wednesday, the city of Fort Wayne said today.Today 1:50 pm - Local
- Indiana teachers worry about revamped ISTEP test
Indiana teachers are heading back to classrooms starting this week and face the daunting task of preparing students for a standardized test that’s been retooled three times since 2009.Today 1:46 pm - Indiana
- Conservancy foundation buys wetlands property
The Wawasee Area Conservancy Foundation said Monday it has purchased 44 1/2 acres along the southeast corner of Syracuse Lake as part of its mission to preserve and protect the Wawasee Area Watershed.Today 1:42 pm - Local
- Fort Wayne weather radio off airToday 12:42 pm - Weather
- Minor damage from Sunday's stormsToday 10:48 am - Weather
- Accident at NE Indiana factory kills Fort Wayne contractorToday 10:21 am - Indiana
- Former Indiana synagogue to get historical markerToday 10:19 am - Indiana
- Phone service fixedToday 7:35 am - Local
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channelToday 3:07 am - U.S.
- Bumper crop of Ohio corn drives down pricesToday 10:25 am - Business
- Winning as a familyToday - Local
- TinCaps taken out by steady RattlersToday - TinCaps
- Discovering science in booksToday - Schools
- Beauty without stressToday - Features
- 7 stories of interest to area readersToday 7:16 am - Local
- Electronics juice back-to-schoolToday 11:31 am - Business
- Shades of 1994 felt with deciding passToday - Ben Smith
- Gaza rages despite Obama’s pleaToday - World